This deep red cocktail mimics the vibrant red found in Santa's hat with a fluffy white rim. Our version of Santa's Hat Cocktail is made with raspberry flavored vodka, sweet and sour mix and gorgeous deep red grenadine. It's served in a glass rimmed with finely grated white chocolate. Not only is this cocktail visually appealing, but it also captures the fun spirit of the season!
The Story Behind the Santa's Hat Cocktail:
We are not sure where this cocktail originated from and there are various versions available online. While they are made with coconut liqueur and coconut rimmed glass, we really did not want a coconut flavor for this cocktail. As we experimented with different versions, this combination made sense.
The cocktail's vibrant red color is reminiscent of Santa's iconic hat, while the soft and fluffy shaved white chocolate rim adds a touch of whimsy and festivity.
The flavor is sweet and tangy with an added sweet white chocolatey taste with every sip. Raspberry and white chocolate, how delicious!
Ingredients You Will Need:
- 2 oz raspberry flavored vodka
- 1 ½ oz sweet and sour mix
- 1 oz triple sec
- ½ oz grenadine
- simple syrup or agave
- finely shaved white chocolate
How To Make This Cocktail:
- Using a fine grater, grate about a tablespoon of white chocolate and place it on a small plate.
- Dip the rim of your glass into the simple syrup or agave. Make sure there isn't too much syrup on the rim, just enough to act as the glue for the white chocolate.
- Gently dip the rim of the glass into the white chocolate until fully coated.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine raspberry vodka, triple sec, sweet and sour mix, and grenadine.
- Add a handful of crushed ice and shake vigorously for about 15-20 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into the prepared glass.
Serving Tips and Variations:
The Santa's Hat Cocktail is best enjoyed chilled, and you can serve it on the rocks (with ice) too.
If you prefer a less sweet cocktail, reduce the sweet and sour mix and add sparkling water.
If you prefer a non-alcoholic version, you can substitute the vodka with sparkling water or ginger ale.
Remember to drink responsibly! Cheers to a merry and memorable holiday season!