When it comes to comfort food, few dishes can match the warmth and satisfaction of a delicious bowl of chili. Our recipe for rotisserie chicken and white bean chili is simple and full of flavor. A perfect hearty dish for a cozy winter night.
Using Rotisserie Chicken
Rotisserie chicken is a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes, including chili. It is an easy and quick addition to this recipe.
Store-bought rotisserie chicken is already cooked and seasoned, which saves you a lot of time roasting the chicken. All you need to do is shred the chicken and add it to the chili. This convenience makes it a perfect option for busy weeknight dinners or when you're in a rush.
Rotisserie chicken also adds depth of flavor to this chili. By using both breast and thigh meat, the chili has a richer and deeper flavor. You can even thinly slice the crispy roasted skin if you prefer the extra layer of flavor.
White Beans: A Nutritious Addition
White beans are a popular choice for chili recipes due to their creamy texture and mild flavor. They are also packed with nutritional benefits, making them an excellent addition to this dish.
White beans are a great source of fiber, which helps to promote healthy digestion and keep you feeling full for longer. They are also rich in protein, making them an ideal choice for those following a vegetarian or plant-based diet. Additionally, white beans contain essential minerals such as iron, magnesium, and potassium, which contribute to overall health and well-being. [Source: Healthline]
Ingredients for this Recipe:
- rotisserie chicken, shredded or chopped (both white and dark meat)
- canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- onion (half of large onion), diced
- fresh garlic, minced
- olive oil
- red bell pepper (diced)
- sour cream
- frozen corn (or canned corn) - directions vary depending on which you are using
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- chicken broth
- chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro, jalapeno slices, red onion, and corn chips
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken and White Bean Chili
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion, minced garlic, and diced red bell pepper. Cook until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the shredded rotisserie chicken, chili powder, cumin, and paprika. Stir well to coat the chicken with the spices.
- Pour in the frozen corn (if using frozen) and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the drained and rinsed white beans and the corn (if using canned) to the pot. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Continue cooking the chili for another 8-10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream and lime juice.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Serve the rotisserie chicken and white bean chili hot on its own or over rice
- Garnish with your choice of toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro, jalapeno slices, chopped red onion, and corn chips.
This recipe makes a generous amount of chili, perfect for feeding a crowd or for leftovers throughout the week. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. It can also be easily customized to suit your taste preferences by adding additional spices or vegetables.
Make this recipe during the colder months to keep you warm and comfy. Serve it on its own or over white or brown rice. It's a simple yet satisfying dish that you will love. You may also love our Rotisserie Chicken Tortilla Soup!