This homemade maple candied pecans recipe is so good you are going to make them all year long. This easy recipe combines the natural sweetness of pecans with the rich and distinct flavor of maple extract. Whether you're looking for a delicious snack or a unique topping for salads, or desserts, these maple candied pecans will be your go to recipe. Let's get started in making these addictive treats in the comfort of your own kitchen.
Ingredients for Maple Candies Pecans
To make homemade maple candied pecans, you will need the following ingredients:
- pecan halves
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- pure vanilla extract
- pure maple extract
- ground cinnamon
Follow these simple steps to create your own batch of delicious maple candied pecans:
- Preheat your oven to 250°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir to combine granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the egg white, vanilla and maple extract, until stiff peaks form. Add the sugar mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the pecan halves to the bowl and toss until they are evenly coated with the sweet, maple egg white mixture.
- Spread the coated pecans in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the pecans in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until they are golden brown and fragrant. Stir the pecans every 15 minutes to ensure even baking.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the pecans cool completely. As they cool, they will become crispy.
- Once the pecans are completely cooled, transfer them to an airtight container for storage.
Enjoying Maple Candied Pecans
These Maple Candied Pecans have can be enjoyed many ways. May we suggest a few:
- Snack: Simply grab a handful of these addictive, distinctly flavored treats (and yes they are addictive!) and enjoy them on their own.
- Salads: Sprinkle maple candied pecans on top of your favorite salads for an added crunch and burst of flavor.
- Desserts: Use these candied pecans as a topping for ice cream, yogurt, or even cakes and pies.
- Breakfast: Add a handful of maple candied pecans to your morning oatmeal, cereal, or pancakes for a yummy twist.
How Long do Candied Pecans Last?
Store your maple candied pecans in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week or in the refrigerator for up to three weeks.
Can you Freeze Candied Pecans?
Yes, they freeze well in an airtight container for up to two months.