This super simple chocolate peppermint fudge perfectly captures the essence of winter.
This rich and creamy fudge is a perfect combination of smooth chocolate and refreshing peppermint, making it a favorite among both kids and adults.
Creating your own peppermint fudge is easier than you might think. Here's a simple recipe to get you started:
Ingredients for Peppermint Fudge
- semi-sweet chocolate chips (your favorite brand)
- sweetened condensed milk
- crushed peppermint candies (candy canes or starlight mints)
- Prepare a square baking dish by lining it with parchment paper or greasing it with butter.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk.
- Microwave the mixture in 30-second intervals, stirring well after each interval, until the chocolate chips are completely melted, and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared baking dish, spreading it evenly using a spatula.
- Sprinkle the crushed peppermint candies on top of the fudge, gently pressing them into the surface.
- Place the baking dish in the refrigerator and let the fudge chill for at least 2-3 hours, or until it is firm and set.
- Once the fudge is firm, remove it from the refrigerator and lift it out of the baking dish using the parchment paper or by loosening the edges with a butter knife.
- Cut the fudge into small squares or rectangles using a sharp knife.
- Store the chocolate peppermint fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Tips and Variations
Here are a few tips and variations to enhance your chocolate peppermint fudge:
- To crush the peppermint candy: simply place the candy into a resealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin or using the smooth side of a mallet.
- If you prefer a stronger peppermint flavor, you can increase the amount of peppermint flavor by adding ¼ to ½ teaspoon of peppermint extract.
- For added texture, you can stir in some of the crushed mint candies into the fudge mixture before pouring it into the baking dish.
- If you want to make the fudge more festive, you can sprinkle some red and green colored sugar on top in addition to the crushed peppermint candies.
- Feel free to experiment with different types of chocolate, such as dark chocolate or white chocolate, to create unique flavor combinations.
Chocolate peppermint fudge is a simple, yet rich treat that combines the creaminess of chocolate with the refreshing taste of peppermint. With just a few simple ingredients and easy steps, you can create a homemade fudge that will be perfect little sweet treat for the holiday season.