Homemade Easy Italian Garlic Bread
There is nothing like the scent of toasted garlic taking over the kitchen. It has such a homey feeling. You will want to make this easy garlic bread over and over again. It is a great bread to serve with most meals but especially an Italian dish made with red sauce. It just goes hand in hand. This garlic bread recipe is buttery, garlicky, cheese and divine!
The topping for this garlic toast is a combination of butter and olive oil. The Italian seasoning add extra flavor, and the red crushed peppers add a hint of spice. We used freshly grated parmigiano reggiano and romano cheeses to add authentic Italian flavor to this garlic bread. This is not a traditional cheesy- pull apart bread that you often see. The garlic toast is not gooey or stringy. It is a warm, cheesy, garlicy divine toast that is perfect to dip in marinara sauce, dunk in your favorite soup or just have a quick snack.
Best Bread to use for Garlic Toast
We love using Ciabatta bread for garlic toast. It toasts up crunchy on the outside while maintaining a chewy consistency. Alternatively, French bread is also fantastic for this recipe. It will toast up similar to Ciabatta bread.
How to make garlic bread
unsalted butter very soft
Romano cheese finely grated
Parmesan cheese finely grated
fresh minced garlic
fresh parsley chopped - can use dried parsley flakes
red crushed pepper
fresh ground black pepper
Ciabatta rolls - French bread will work great as well
Cut the Ciabatta bread in half.
Place remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined. You should have a creamy, easily spreadable consistency.
Spread the garlic mixture evenly onto the Ciabatta rolls.
Toast the Ciabatta rolls. Toast until golden brown. Most toasters or ovens vary, 5-7 minutes is ideal on the toast setting but it can vary on your appliance. Keep an eye on it.
You may also like...
Garlic Ciabatta Bread
- ½ stick unsalted butter very soft
- ¼ cup Romano cheese finely grated
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped or dried
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red crushed pepper
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 Ciabatta rolls
- Cut the Ciabatta bread in half.
- Place remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined. You should have a creamy, easily spreadable consistency.
- Spread the garlic mixture evenly onto the Ciabatta rolls.
- Toast the Ciabatta rolls. Toast until golden brown. Most toasters or ovens vary, 5-7 minutes is ideal on the toast setting but it can vary on your appliance. Keep an eye on it.