No more pancake flipping! Just combine all ingredients and place in the oven to bake. Make this easy baked peach skillet pancake recipe for breakfast or brunch.
BAKED PEACH SKILLET PANCAKE WITH FRESH PEACHES
This past weekend was the last weekend of pick your own peaches at our local farm. This means that we are moving onto apple picking and summer is almost over. As much as we love the Fall here in the Hudson Valley, we are not ready for Fall yet. We picked as many peaches as we could one last time this season. Now we have to make a few more peach recipes before we can move onto apples. This peach baked pancake is one of the easiest recipes to make and it is perfect for a quick breakfast or brunch.
Baked Pancakes for Breakfast or Brunch
Once a week we try to have brunch. Since brunch is a combination of breakfast and lunch, I have this notion is my mind that we have to serve two items. A sweet dish and a savory dish. For the sweet, this skillet peach pancake is a hit. It is seasonal, it is easy, and it is delicious. The peach nectar is thick, and I find that it adds extra moisture and flavor to the batter and cardamon compliments the peaches with a hint of spice.
Skillet pancakes are also great because you don't have to stand over the oven making pancakes one or two at a time. While the pancakes are in the oven baking, there is plenty of time to make a savory dish. Both should be ready to hit the table at the same time.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE BAKED PANCAKES
- peeled and sliced peaches
- all-purpose flour
- whole milk
- peach nectar
- unsalted butter
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- maple syrup
See FULL Recipe Below in RECIPE CARD.
HOW TO BAKE PANCAKES?
- Place skillet pan in the oven and preheat oven at 375°.
- Peel and dice peaches-set aside.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, backing powder, cardamon and salt in a large mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl whisk milk, peach nectar, melted butter and egg until well combined.
- Add liquid mixture and 1½ cups of peaches into the dry mixture and blend well.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, with a safe heat proof oven mitt. It will be hot. Place one tablespoon of butter into the skillet and spread evenly. Add the pancake mixture and spread out evenly. Add remaining ½ cup peaches and 1 tablespoon sugar to the top spreading it out.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! Need more pancake recipe ideas? View our Pancake Recipes Collection on Pinterest.
You may also like these peach recipes...