November 5 is National Doughnut Day (also known as National Donut Day), a celebration dedicated to the tasty treat. This special day is a celebration of doughnuts or donuts, the treat that brings joy to many. The other National Doughnut Day is celebrated on the first Friday of June. On these days, donut lovers can enjoy their favorite treats and indulge in their deliciousness.
Doughnuts come in a variety of shapes, sizes and flavors. Twist doughnuts, fritters, and filled doughnuts are the most common. Filled doughnuts can be further divided into two categories: those filled with cream (such as the Devil Dog, a chocolate-covered pastry filled with cream) and those filled with fruit (like raspberry-filled glazed doughnuts). No matter the flavor or filling, doughnuts remain a favorite treat throughout the world.
November 5 is National Doughnut Day
This holiday began in 1938 as a way to honor the women who served donuts to soldiers during World War I. What better way to show your patriotism and love of donuts at the same time?
It is observed in the United States and in some other countries. Of course, we don't need a reason to celebrate this day. For some people, we are betting that they wish every day was in honor of this special treat. However, this day has special significance.
National Donut Day is an opportunity to celebrate the history of this delicious treat and the women who played a significant role in its history. This special day is a time to enjoy your favorite donuts, learn more about their history, and appreciate the women who served donuts to soldiers during World War 1. So, go ahead and indulge in a delicious donut or two, and take a moment to reflect on the history and significance of this wonderful treat. Enjoy!
How to Celebrate National Doughnut Day
- Visit your local bakery and get a fresh doughnut, or two. Don’t forget a shout-out and tag them on social media.
- Enjoy a sweet doughnut with your coffee in the morning.
- Bring a box of mixed doughnuts to work and share them with your co-workers.
- Make a batch of doughnuts at home. You can fry or bake them. View our Best Homemade Doughnuts collection.
- Post a picture on social media eating or making doughnuts and use #NationalDoughnutDay or #NationalDonutDay.
- Take the kids out for a sweet doughnut treat after dinner, they will love it!
- Serve doughnuts for dessert after dinner.
- Run a fun survey on social media and ask your friends and family to share their favorite doughnut flavors.
- Post a fun doughnut meme or quote on your favorite social media.
Share these Doughnut Hashtags on Social Media:
|#doughnut #donut #doughnuts #donuts #foodie #food #dessert #foodporn #donat #instafood #yummy #donutlover #foodstagram #chocolate #foodphotography #delicious #donutsofinstagram #bakery #sweets #homemade #sweet #love #cake #cakes #coffee #donutshop #pastry #cookies #doughnuttime #foodblogger #dounutday #doughnutday #foodholidays #Novemberfoodholidays #November5 #fooddringholidays|
"Give me a glazed doughnut, and a bottle of anything… to go!"David Lee Roth
"I worship scones and danishes. If I never had another meal, I wouldn't care as long as I could eat pastries and jelly doughnuts."Gene Simmons
"There's one thing that's really great about waking up early, and it's not jogging or greeting the day - it's just that that's when they make doughnuts."Kathy Griffin