Fresh Fig Simple Syrup is a versatile ingredient that can add a touch of sweetness and flavor to a variety of dishes and beverages. While traditional simple syrup is made with sugar and water, you can take it to the next level by infusing it with fresh figs. We will share a delicious recipe for fresh fig simple syrup that you can easily make at home.
Ingredients for Fig Syrup
You will need the following ingredients for this fig syrup recipe:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8-10 fresh ripe figs, washed and quartered
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and fresh figs.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors of the figs to infuse into the syrup.
- After 10 minutes, remove the saucepan from the heat and smash the figs with a potato smasher. This will release more fig flavor.
- Let the mixture cool for about 30 minutes.
- Using a fine-mesh strainer, strain the syrup to remove any fig seeds or pulp.
- Transfer the strained syrup to a clean jar or bottle and let it cool completely before sealing.
How to Use Fig Simple Syrup
Now that you have your freshly homemade fig syrup, here are a few ways to enjoy it:
Add a splash of fig simple syrup to your favorite cocktails for a sweet and fruity twist. It pairs particularly well with bourbon, gin, and vodka-based drinks. Try mixing it with some sparkling water, ice, and a squeeze of lemon for a refreshing fig spritzer. Try our Fig Sour Cocktail.
If you prefer non-alcoholic beverages, you can still enjoy the delicious flavors of fig simple syrup. Mix it with some club soda or ginger ale, and garnish with fresh mint leaves or a slice of lemon for a simple and refreshing mocktail.
Drizzle fig simple syrup over pancakes, waffles, or French toast for a sweet and fruity breakfast treat. You can also use it as a topping for ice cream, yogurt, or cheesecake. The possibilities are endless!
4. Salad Dressings
Get creative in the kitchen by incorporating fig simple syrup into your homemade salad dressings. Combine it with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and a pinch of salt and pepper for a unique and flavorful dressing that will elevate your salads.
Use fig simple syrup as a base for marinades for meats, such as chicken or pork. Combine it with soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and a splash of vinegar for a deliciously sweet and savory flavor profile.
Fresh fig simple syrup is an easy addition to your culinary recipes. With its sweet and fruity flavor, it can enhance a wide range of dishes and beverages with endless possibilities.
By following this simple recipe, you can create your own homemade fig simple syrup and explore the many ways to enjoy it. Get creative and have fun experimenting with this delicious ingredient!