Wholegrain Avocado Toast
Simple avocado toast with vibrant lime, sauteed baby Bella mushrooms and hardboiled eggs. Seasoned with everything bagel topping.
- 2 small ripe avocados
- 4 ounces sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2 slices wholegrain bread
- 1 tablespoon light cooking olive oil
- 1 lime
- 2 teaspoon everything bagel seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste optional
- chopped green onion for garnish optional
Place eggs into a pot of water and boil for about 12 minutes. Let cool under cold water. *Eggs can be cooked ahead of time and refrigerated.
Place olive oil into a small pan and sautee the mushrooms until they are half their size. About 5 minutes. Keep mixing them as the cook. Let cool
Lightly toast the bread and set aside.
Smash the avocado in a bowl with a fork. Season to taste with lime juice, salt and pepper.
Assemble the toast by spreading the smashed avocado onto the bread. Add mushrooms and sliced eggs. Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning, extra lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.